We also supply key steel in either 300mm or 1000mm lengths in C45k material. Key steel is made to DIN 6880 standard.
In the modern world, engineers face a myriad of new options when it comes to selecting components, but sometimes the simple solution can be the most cost-effective and durable choice.
• Removes the need of milling near shaft shoulders, which impacts on concentricity. This is extremely crucial for high speed operations.
• Can be accommodated on a tapered shaft, aligning by slight rotation in the seat.
• Properly installed, the key can embed deeper into the shaft, preventing rollover
• The head of a gib head key makes for easier removal during disassembly.
• The key has a 1:100 taper to firmly engage the shaft to the hub.
• Ideal for use if the frequent removal of the key is necessary, such as agricultural equipment to hold gears and pulleys secure to a rotating shaft.
• Allows relative axial movement between shaft and hub.
• Ideal for use with pulleys, gears or clutches.
The humble machine key may be a simple component but used correctly can lower the cost of manufacturing and assembly and bring benefits to your business. Technifast supply a range of engineers’ keys to DIN and ISO standards in C45k key steel and stainless steel A4. We also offer a custom manufacturing service for any non-standard keys. Contact our team to discuss.